Re: m68k not a release arch for etch; status in testing, future plans?

On Tue, Oct 17, 2006 at 12:28:55AM -0700, Thomas Bushnell BSG wrote:

> Um, You'll note that g-wrap also has not been built, another
> dependency of gnucash.  Version 1.9.6-3.1 was uploaded on September 7,
> and gnucash depends on that version.
> It's not like I hunted around for problems, I simply looked at the
> cases closest to the packages I maintain, asking "why don't they work
> on m68k?"

Oh well... you already know that m68k suffered from serious toolchain
problems, which are fixed now thanks to Roman, Stephen Marenka and others,
and that the w-b queueing algorithm is not known to be very intelligent,
i.e. it doesn't queue in order of required build-deps nor what's long
waiting for building. Instead some packages are built rather frequently, and
others are going to get stucked in the queue.
M68k would keeping up better, when there wouldn't be that much waste on CPU
cycles...

But that's another story and not the topic of this discussion, neither the
reasons why specific packages are unbuilt is.

--
Ciao...                //        Fon: 0381-2744150
      Ingo           \X/         SIP: 2744150@sipgate.de

gpg pubkey: http://www.juergensmann.de/ij/public_key.asc