Re: m68k not a release arch for etch; status in testing, future plans?

Hi,

On Mon, 16 Oct 2006, Thomas Bushnell BSG wrote:

> Roman Zippel <zippel@linux-m68k.org> writes:
>
> > was your initial phrase 'Please
> > let the release team know how we can be of assistance to you in setting
> > and meeting goals for an m68k release' just a hollow phrase...
>
> I never said anything of the kind.

The way you reacted to my mail, I assumed you were part of the release
team and were somehow offended by it, I apologize for the confusion.

> If the m68k team can make the port happen without messing up the rest
> of Debian, great.  But from my perspective the huge delays on the
> autobuilders are a disaster.  Without actually fixing this, we cannot
> permit an architecture that is unable to keep up with autobuilds to
> slow everything else down.
>
> For example, the inattention of the porting team to the guile-1.6 bug
> means that gnucash is at 2.0.2 on every architecture except m68k,
> where it is version *1.8.10*.

This could mean as well, that gnucash won't be part of the m68k release,
although now that guile is fixed this could look as well quite different.
It's still quite a leap in conclusion here to get from problems with a few
packages to declaring m68k not releaseable at all.

bye, Roman