Re-install failure on A3000

I attempted to re-install Debian 3.1r1 on my Amiga A3000 after
using HDToolbox to clear the partions created by the original
install.

Now I'm seeing:

"Assertion (part->geom.start % cylblocks == 0) at
 ../../libparted/disk_amiga.c:;735 in function amiga_write() failed.

 A bug has been discovered!!!"

During the writing of the partition table.

I've tried repartitioning during the installation, but to no avail.
Is there something  I can do?

Thanks!

jerry
       //  Jerry Heyman      | "Software is the difference between
      //   Amiga Forever :-) |  hardware and reality"
  \\ //    heymanj@acm.org   |
   \X/     http://bellsouthpwp.net/h/e/heymanj/