Booting Debian on A3000

Howdy,

I've just finished installing 3.1r1 onto my 68040 based Amiga A3000.
Installation went smoothly - onto a separate disk.

When I try to reboot though, I cannot get the Debian partition to
come up.

HDToolBox shows that the partition ('dhx') is bootable, but selecting
that from the boot menu (holding down both mouse buttons at power on)
gives me a 'guru meditation' and then boots AmigaOS.

Did I miss something during the installation?

Thanks in advance.

jerry
       //  Jerry Heyman      | "Software is the difference between
      //   Amiga Forever :-) |  hardware and reality"
  \\ //    heymanj@acm.org   |
   \X/     http://bellsouthpwp.net/h/e/heymanj/