Re: Fwd: linux-image-2.6-17-mac tries

I am not sure if this is a side question/new thread or not, but...

i did download aranym and emutos recently, i have to set it up.
it was suggested as a way for me to have some help for compiling
and testing, but i have no familiarity at all with atari. (running
aranym on old world powermac with recent testing/unstable versions)

so, basic question, like can i try and boot aranym off this
backup of my mac disk ? or do i need a specially formatted
disk for atari only ? ( i noticed there is an atari bootloader
on the partition ...).  plus, do i need to figure for how much
ram, overhead, or does it mostly swap out linux in full screen pretty well ??

also if others are doing this, can tell what is the efficiency ?
for instance when i ran basilisk simulating my '030 i got
speed like a quadra except for it was running on 550mhz g4
that was actually not so hot, maybe 5% i figure it.

On 10/6/06, Brad Boyer <flar@allandria.com> wrote:
On Sat, Oct 07, 2006 at 09:45:43AM +0200, Michael Schmitz wrote:

> SCSI-1 disks have been reported to fail before... Either way, I'll test
> the related Atari driver as soon as possible.

I have to admit to lacking information with some of the SCSI specific
issues. In any case, it would certainly be good to test the Atari code.

        Brad Boyer
        flar@allandria.com