Re: linux 2.6.18

On Thu, 21 Sep 2006, Christian T. Steigies wrote:

> linux 2.6.18 has been released yesterday, this might be the kernel to
> ship with etch. The m68k patches are not ready yet, so I can not build
> m68k images yet. But once they are ready, I'd like to upload as soon as
> possible. As a result of the recent tests, are there any changes in the
> config for amiga and mac required/desired? Something that does not break
> currently working hardware (ie the fastest macs around, the Q840)?

Please enable sonic ethernet (as a module if you prefer that).

I would ask you to disable MacII ADB as well (since that shouldn't affect
CUDA machines like the 840av and would allow all the other quadras to
boot) but I can't test that on my own 840av until November. And if your
840av broke, I would just blame 2.6.18 ;-)

-f