Re: Erlang and m68k architecture

On Tue, Sep 12, 2006 at 05:30:01PM +0400, Sergei Golovan wrote:

> >Yes, the question is more of what to set it to. I last tried it at 1500
> >min and that still failed.
> The whole build was about 3 days on crest. But I don't know exactly how
> long was that long silent operation. And do I understand correctly that
> crest is not the least powerful m68k machine?

Crest is one of the fastest machines, not *the* fastest, but certainly not
the slowest. *BUT* it is the only public accessible machine and it's a
buildd either, so when you're building something on Crest there will be most
likely another build process in progress - maybe even some other users are
building something else too.
This explains the build time of 3 days. Depending on how much memory the
build process needed, a normal build on a normal buildd should be somewhat
faster. ;)

--
Ciao...                //        Fon: 0381-2744150
      Ingo           \X/         SIP: 2744150@sipgate.de

gpg pubkey: http://www.juergensmann.de/ij/public_key.asc