Re: Erlang and m68k architecture

On 9/12/06, Stephen R Marenka <stephen@marenka.net> wrote:
On Tue, Sep 12, 2006 at 11:38:09AM +0400, Sergei Golovan wrote:
> As far as I understand the problem is in one very long operation
> during which there isn't any output to stdout. So, I would like to ask
> if there a way to increase this inactivity timeout?

Yes, the question is more of what to set it to. I last tried it at 1500
min and that still failed.

The whole build was about 3 days on crest. But I don't know exactly how
long was that long silent operation. And do I understand correctly that crest
is not the least powerful m68k machine?

The good news is that is really does compile -- I was worried it was
stuck in a loop or something.

There was a stuck before (when there were big problems with gcc and we
tried to switch off all gcc optimizations). But not now.

> (For now the hand
> made build of erlang for m68k is uploaded, but it's not a good idea to
> build it separately after every new version come.)

Great news. We'll get that timeout figured out. :)

I hope you'll find it. Thanks!

--
Sergei Golovan