Re: <math.h> on m68k and pari

On Thu, Jun 29, 2006 at 04:00:45PM +0200, Bill Allombert wrote:

> As you know, due to bug #356045 in libc6-dev, it is not possible to
> compile a program that #include <math.h> with -O and above.
>
> This behaviour occurs in particular in the sid chroot of crest, making
> impossible to test-build some packages there.
>
> I would like to investigate the build failure of pari (2.3.0-1) on m68k.
> (I have to say the packages was building fine with gcc 4.1.0-2 so
> I am surprised that gcc 4.1.1-2 miscompile it.

Are you sure? This bug has been in glibc for a while, certainly before I
reported in November. Perhaps that gcc didn't end up invoking
__USE_EXTERN_INLINES the same way.

> Does the buildds carry the broken libc6-dev packages as well ?

If they don't, then we have a badly outdated buildd.

> In the meantime I have uploaded pari (2.3.0-2) which use a lower
> optimisation on m68k, but I still want to investigate the issue.

In any case, Roger Leigh has a working patch which should show up in the
next glibc. It's listed at the end of the bug report. Please feel free
to get with him and make sure this works for everyone.

Thanks,

Stephen

<stephen@marenka.net>