Re: More RAM - a bad trend for m68k debian

On Thu, Mar 23, 2006 at 11:51:19AM -0600, Stephen R Marenka wrote:
> The partitioner also sets up fstab and such and it's already a hog by
> the time it's loaded up (bear in mind, we're talking about a hog by
> lowmem standards). Yes, it'd be nice to have a workaround, but I don't
> know that anyone is working on one. It does do a lot of cool stuff for
> you like raid and lvm.

Hmm. How about something that uses libparted which just checks whether
any "useful" partitions have already been created, prompts the user
whether it's okay to use those partitions, and pulls in the partitioner
if it's not? I'd think such an application would not require as much RAM
as the full-blown partitioner, though I'm not sure.

--
Fun will now commence