Re: More RAM - a bad trend for m68k debian

>Typically Amigas are maxed out at 128 MB Fast Ram on the accelerator card
>(plus any other "FastRAM", which is attached via ZorroII/III bus or on the
>mainboard, but that's comparably slow with 13 MB/s), because there are
>usually no more CAS lines.
>So, even when you would have 64 MB PS/2 SIMMS, you would only have 128M on a
>(let's say) CyberStorm MK2 accel card...

The problem is: If you will actually find 128MB Simm on eBay, nobody will give you a warranty, that it WILL work in your AMIGA. =(
And about installer requrements: I think, that Amigans need really simplified installer, that will install only basic packages like gcc/libc, asm, essential libraries, make, autoconf... and all that stuff, that needed to build OTHER packages. Also SSHD, FTPD are really reqired, AFAIK.
Also I think, that ppl, who use linux on amiga are more technically educated, and most of them know, what they are doing - they don't need a GUI-based installer (yes, it's handy, but it eats resources). So, I like netbsd way of installing. After generic install I get system, ready to build packages and it capable of handling ssh access (I don't have a monitor, so I connect amiga to TV on install time) and ftp access (I can upload/download files).
In most cases it's really enough to start your m68k-linux life. And for Debian we have LARGE pre-compiled amount of packets. Future is not so dark =).

--
Best Regards
Nikolay O. Zabrodotskiy