Re: Install Sarge on Atari Falcon

On ma, 2006-03-20 at 12:36 +0100, Tercsi Róbert wrote:

> Can anybody give me instructions how should I install sarge and X11 on my
> bird. Thanks.

You can't. There is no support for the builtin Atari framebuffers (which
AFAIK use interleave bitplanes) in current versions of X11. The last
version that supported it was XFree68 3.x.

You'd have to revive this support yourself (which means reviving the ipl
framebuffer code in X11 and make the fbdevhw driver support it).

Kind regards,

Kars.