Re: linux-image-2.6.15-6 (was: Solution for issue with PicassoII and flickering pixels)

On Fri, Aug 12, 2005 at 05:54:26PM -0500, Peter Krummrich wrote:

> I tried with fbset -fb /dev/fb1 "640x480-60", assuming that afb is loaded as
> /dev/fb0 and cirrusfb as /dev/fb1. But the screen did not switch. Either I
> mistyped something or it did not work. Testing without seeing something
> (error messages, ...) is not really fun.

You might to try "cat /dev/vcs0" to see what is printed on console tty0 - if
you have access via network of course. But you can redirect that to a file
for later diagnosis as well.

> > I have
> > to try the cirrusfb option myself, maybe I can get the PIV to work with
> > that, I also always tried with clgen...
> I tried video=clgen (the one that worked for clgenfb), video=cirrus and
> video=cirrusfb. None of them activated the PicassoII board.

Same for me with 2.6.14 from Kars.

> > A working keyboard is good news already!
> The keyboard works fine. Even the right layout (de).

How about special keys like |, ^ and such?

--
Ciao...                //        Fon: 0381-2744150
      Ingo           \X/         SIP: 2744150@sipgate.de

gpg pubkey: http://www.juergensmann.de/ij/public_key.asc