Re: linux-image-2.6.15-6

On Sun, 12 Feb 2006, Erik C.J. Laan wrote:

> Christian T. Steigies wrote:
>
> > And what is the missing NIC driver? Why did I not include it?

[snip]

> You did not include the NIC drivers (I have 2 NIC's in there) because at
> least one (macsonic) does not compile. I think this is because of some
> fixes Finn Thain has that have not been included or aren't yet
> completely ready for inclusion.

Yes. Macsonic doesn't compile because the DMA API is missing. The patch to
provide it is Roman's work. Apparently it isn't quite ready for merging.
Last time I tried the Sun3 kernel wouldn't compile with the DMA API patch.

If it weren't for the fact that MIPS shares the SONIC driver, the driver
fixes that ended up breaking compilation might have been postponed. But,
for the moment it is just less broken than it was :-/

-f