Re: Creating Amiga boot diskettes

On Sat, Feb 04, 2006 at 08:07:32PM -0600, Stephen R Marenka wrote:

> At the moment, linux-2.6 hasn't cleared NEW, so 2.6.15-4 isn't in the
> archive yet. Once it is, the kernel folks are planning on pushing
> 2.6.15-4 into testing asap so it can be the base for the next d-i beta.
> That said, I've heard it doesn't work on amiga at the moment.

Then let me tell you, it does not work on (some) amigas, there is a problem
with the IDE drivers. If you don't have and IDE controller, it will probably
work. I have a fix for the buddha/catweasel controller, might need something
similar for gayle. Also, the keyboard patch is still missing, so while the
kernel works, the keyboard probably wont, which makes it difficult to
install with. I don't want to stop the propagation to testing, since this is
the first 2.6.15 kernel we have, and it does work on some m68k machines (ie
also on Q840AV, but not at all on my Atari). With small patches, it will
probably work on all Amigas, and maybe other Macs as well.

Christian