Re: Solution for issue with PicassoII and flickering pixels

On Sat, Feb 04, 2006 at 08:05:50PM -0500, Peter Krummrich wrote:

> I would highly appreciate if the code in the main debian source repository
> was adapted to the new values. By doing so, owners of the PicassoII board
> will get a much better display with future kernel versions.

Please send me a unified diff (diff -u) and I will include it. However,
there wont be many new releases for 2.4 kernels, and it will be difficult to
get this change included officially in sarge.

It would be good if you could check if the problem also appears with
linux-2.6. I just uploaded 2.6.15, it will probably take a few days until it
appears in the archive. I put a copy here:

http://people.debian.org/~cts/debian-m68k/linux-image/

You will also need yaird for the initrd (even though you probably do not
need it for booting). The package you find there should be installable on
sarge. See aso

http://wiki.debian.org/DebianM68kKernel

I also built an updated package for amiga (-4.1) which has a fix for the buddha
IDE driver (catweasel, x-surf). If you have another IDE controller (gayle),
it might need a similar fix and the kernel will probably not boot on your
machine.

Christian