Re: Creating Amiga boot diskettes

On Thu, Feb 02, 2006 at 10:53:31PM -0600, Gayle Lee Fairless wrote:

>    How easy is it to upgrade the 68k sarge to a 2.6 kernel?  I noticed
> on another Debian mailing list that 2.6.15 is being prepared for Amiga.

Not quite right, I uploaded new kernel packages for m68k, as you probably
saw, there is not only amiga, but eight other m68k subarches, that we build
for.

If you try to install the new linux-image, it will tell you what it needs.

 Package: linux-image-2.6.15-1-amiga
 Version: 2.6.15-4
 Section: base
 Architecture: m68k
 Depends: module-init-tools (>= 0.9.13), yaird | initramfs-tools | linux-initramfs-tool

module-init-tools should be in the archive, even in sarge, yaird is
available from here
http://people.debian.org/~cts/debian-m68k/linux-image/

As mentioned in
http://wiki.debian.org/DebianM68kKernel

Please don't try the old kernels on the previous page. I better remove them
immediately.

Please test, not only on Amiga but on the other arches, too, and report back
to this list any success/failure reports.

Christian