Re: Please requeue cernlib for stable-proposed-updates?

On Wed, 1 Feb 2006, Michael Schmitz wrote:
> > On Wed, Feb 01, 2006 at 08:20:10AM -0500, Kevin B. McCarty wrote:
> > > OK, thank you!  (Cool, I didn't know you could put 512 MB on a 68k
> > > machine.)
> >
> > 68k has 4G address space, so why not? ;-)
>
> Sure, why not? Why hasn't anybody come up with 1GB or more 168 pin DIMMs
> yet?
>
> (Not sure the CT60 can address that much RAM in a single slot. If not,
> someone would have to design a RAM expansion for the bus extender slot
> that's still unused, with the ethernet card not ready yet).

IIRC, the Amiga FastLance SCSI board can take up to 256 MiB of RAM.
And since the A3000 and A4000 have 4 Zorro III slots, 1 GiB of RAM should be
possible, assumed the type of RAM to put on the board is actually sold (usually
they stop selling it before maximum capacity is reached ;-(.

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

						Geert

							    -- Linus Torvalds