Re: [D-I] Please update your packages for Beta2 release

On Sat, Jan 28, 2006 at 09:08:56PM +0100, Frans Pop wrote:
> (BCC to Stephen Marenka as principal d-i porter for m68k)

No real need since I'm subscribed to both lists. :)

> As you may know we are currently preparing the Beta2 release [1] for
> Debian Installer.
>
> Could you please take a look at the issues below for m68k:
> - it looks like the kernel udebs for 2.4 have not yet been rebuilt against
>   the latest 2.4.27 kernel (the security update)

Well I uploaded that on Jan. 20 as 0.68, but I don't see what's
become of it.

> - the 2.6 kernel udebs contain 2.6.12 and should be updated to 2.6.15;
>   this change will also mean related changes elsewhere in d-i

I'm waiting on Christian to update linux-2.6. Right now, we're still
at 2.6.12-10. There's been some problems with the most recent 2.6
kernels.

> - vmelilo-installer has minor changes and a lot of translation updates;
>   these should be checked and uploaded

Wouter: are you game? I can upload, but I can't test.

> - base-installer's kernel/m68k.sh still refers to 2.6.8 and does not yet
>   support the name change to linux-image; we can help with changing this
>   if needed

Okay, I'll work on it. I clearly wasn't paying enough attention.
Hopefully, I can get that done tomorrow.

> If anything else needs to be done or if you need help with these issues,
> please let me know.

Sorry I've been slack.

Thanks,

Stephen