Re: Installieren von Linux auf Amiga

Hi,

parts of Message send from "Christian T. Steigies" <cts@debian.org>:
>> blog: don't know screen type 1
>You mean "bogl", see http://people.debian.org/~cts/debian-m68k/woody/ under
>Known problems.
yes, my mistake!

>> i tried to install Debian 3.0 Release 2/5 on my reactivitated Amiga 2000.
>What is release 2/5?
i meant release 2 and/or 5

>> "sarge" works but supports no installation with both hdds.
>What do you mean sarge works but not with both hdds? I started a sarge page a
>while ago, need to update that sometime, now that sarge is out:
>http://people.debian.org/~cts/debian-m68k/sarge/
explanation comes at (#sarge)

On 8. June 2005 15:59 wrote Wouter Verhelst:
> On Wed, Jun 08, 2005 at 01:25:27PM +0100, Franziskus Meier wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > i tried to install Debian 3.0 Release 2/5 on my reactivitated Amiga 2000.
> >
> > The System hangs after/at the initialization of busy-box with repeating
> > message:
> >
> > blog: don't know screen type 1
>
> This was a known issue in woody, which can be fixed by disabling the
> langchooser.  When starting the installer, add an extra option
> "nolangchooser" to do this.
>
> > "sarge" works but supports no installation with both hdds.
>
> Do you have any more information about that problem?
>
> --
> The amount of time between slipping on the peel and landing on the
> pavement is precisely one bananosecond

(#sarge)
My plan was: an installation on scsi-hd and atapi-hd. The installer-menue
doesn't offers "On all free disk space". The manual partition and assigning
hangs on/can't mounting the partitions.

The last try with 3.1r0 succeeded (yabadabadooo!). Although the manual
assigned partition /boot had to be ignored mounting for finishing the
installation.

I still don't know whether it's working or not!

How can i change/create a .info-file to start vmlinuz with the option "-root=/
dev/hdb1"? (for google-search i have probs with the search-string)

Next try will to install amiga-lilo.

Greetz

Franz