Re: Xfree 4.x problem on Atari Falcon CT60

On Mon, 21 Mar 2005, Burg, D.W. van der wrote:
> Now I understand from previous posted messages on this mailing list (mostly
> about Amigas, using the builtin video) that Xfree 3.3.6 will work but Xfree
> 4.x probably not. I installed Xfree 4 first, but that gave the infamous
> "Unresolved symbols" errors when the server tries to load modules (I've read
> that this happens only on a MC68060).

> "FBDEV(0): interleaved planes are not yet supported by the fbdev driver [1]
> Screen(s) found, but none have a usable configuration."

> It seems to try to start an interlaced video mode, although I have not
> specified interlaced modes in the Xfree86Config-4 file.

XFree86 4.x does't support Atari-style interleaved (not interlaced!) bitplanes
yet.

> (II) FBDEV: driver for framebuffer: fbdev, afb

It supports fbdev with standard cfb (chunky pixels) and afb (`Amiga frame
buffer', i.e. non-interleaved bitplanes) only.

Someone needs to add support for Atari-style interleaved bitplanes.

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

						Geert

							    -- Linus Torvalds