Re: Strange things wirh NFS on 2.6.8.1 kernel

Le dimanche 06 mars 2005 à 22:11 +0100, Kars de Jong a écrit :
> On Wed, 2004-10-20 at 23:37 +0200, Storm66 wrote:
> > I use to back-up my A2000 on another machine before burning a CD, I
> > noticed some problems with the 2.6.8.1 kernel.
> > The "mount -t nfs ..." works OK, the distant disk is visibble, all seems
> > OK. Small files are copied over the link but bigger files (#1Ko) are not
> > and the copy hangs.
>
> I booted 2.6.10 yesterday with my HP and got the same thing happening.
> In the past there used to be problems with NFS and fragmented UDP
> packets, so I added a wsize=1024 option to the nfsroot command line
> argument. That made it work.

Hello,

I am currently loading 2.6.11 and I will try the NFS code as soon as
compiled and installed as I need it to do some backups.

If something goes wrong, I will give a try to your patches and special
NFS options.

Regards

JP Pozzi

PS :
Does anybody know what is the procedure (or where it can be found) to
install the m68k on an A4000 without any CD reader without using the
Oooold procedure I used to install my A2000 years ago ?