Re: Tried Ricardo Mottola's (sp?) 2.6.10

On Sun, Feb 06, 2005 at 12:31:43PM -0800, Brad Boyer wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 06, 2005 at 09:07:07PM +0100, Erik C.J. Laan wrote:
> > It probably isn't compiled in. I'm not sure as I didn't build the
> > kernel, Ricardo Mottola did. I still haven't found the time to build a
> > cross-compiler setup on my i386 box, and haven't enough disk-space on
> > the mac I think (disk is only 500 Mb).
>
> If your i386 box is running Debian, take a look at the toolchain-source
> package for an easier way to build cross-compile toolchains. It supports
> nearly automatic builds of cross-compilers for any architecture that is
> supported by Debian.

If the builds work it is great, but it does not always work. Also, you can
have only one set installed at a time, and last I tried, it did not build
gcc-2.95, which is still needed for some m68k kernels.

I had a lot more luck with crosstool, it builds a toolchain which is
comparable in what I got from Geert:
kegel.com/crosstool

Christian