Re: sarge-m68k-netinst amiga no luck

On Friday 03 September 2004 05:22, Stephen R Marenka wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 02, 2004 at 10:59:46PM -0700, Erik van Roode wrote:

> But there was a vmlinuz-2.4.26-amiga?

Yes.

> > X-surf ethernet is not detected automatically (but IDE ports are seen).
> > Christian already mentioned the solution: specify zorro8390.
>
> Did you have to manually load this? I wonder how this could be
> automated.

Manual. Geert already responded with a answer to the second question.

> > My second attempt was installing to a spare 1G scsi drive, but I always
> > get stuck at the partitioning (_amiga_find_free_blocks - Loop detected at
> > block 0).

> Sorry, no idea about the rest of it. Sounds like a hardware problem.

I hooked up an IDE drive. Different controller, different drive, same problem
(can't partition). I ended up using a combination of HDToolbox, mke2fs and
managed to get past the partitioning. Running 'install base system' now...

parted 1.6.9 doesn't really seem to like AmigaOS RDB. mklabel fails, sorry, I
do not have the actual error message. I suspect I used a ZIP disk without an
RDB for my first installation attempt.

/usr/share/partitioner/m68k.sh references amiga-fdisk (but that doesn't seem
to exist on the system).