Re: Call for m68k/atari debian-installer test

On Tue, May 18, 2004 at 08:47:39PM +0200, Didier MEQUIGNON wrote:
 >>Unforunately, it turns out that I didn't pay enough attention to the
 >>way the "old" partition formatter/mounter (partconf) works. It uses
 >>parted to list out partitions. In other words, both the new and the old
 >
 >>code that handles partitioning, formatting, mountng, fstab-generation,
 >>and the like, depend on parted to some extent.
 >
 >Don't go in the wrong direction. Even with the new d-i all partitions
 >are listed correctly. It just fails when installing the base system.

 I have only the list of drives, installing the base system fails because
before "Configure and mount partitions " fails => "No partitions were found in
 your system". There are just an access to drives before this error.
 Nevertheless I can mount manually partitions but the new d-i see nothing.

I think that somehow it's related to that drive being a zip, but I
really don't know.

Would you try this for me?

Mount the zip on /target. Then go back to the menu and select Install
Base. I'm not sure if it will let you do that or not, but I'm beginning
to think that it should.

Because I have found no free bytes on the zip cartridge, I have tried again on an old MiNT partition ext2 /hda8 1GB size on the IDE drive. I must always mount the partition on target myself, but now I can use hda8 ! The new installer has finished his work.

Regards,

Didier.

--
Didier MEQUIGNON         Aniplayer download: http://aniplay.atari.org
Atari FALCON 030/CT60 105MHz 270Mb/13Gb ~ iMac 500Mhz 320Mb/20Gb