Re: FW: Call for m68k/atari debian-installer testers

On Wed, May 12, 2004 at 02:51:47PM +0200, Szymanski, Frank-Peter (DMT) wrote:

> > I suspect the problem is that partman/parted doesn't know about atari
> > partitions.
>
> For a start it isn't absolutely necessary because you can partition your
> harddrive under MiNT (which is a free OS as well) and even create
> ext2-partitions there. :-)

Sure, but you still have to be able to tell d-i which partitions you
want for swap and root, etc. Partman can't tell you want disks you have.
The new images will (hopefully) default to partitioner/partconf, which
should be able to understand your disk and let you select what you want
as root. Sometimes it's a bit byzantine.

> Well, at least its working on CT60. On Afterburner I couldn't test it
> because of only 4 mb ST-RAM, on my stock falcon I have to get an
> external CD-ROM first.

It'll be a while (if ever) before we can try a 4MB install. Stock falcon
doesn't have a nic, right?

Thanks,

Stephen

<stephen@marenka.net>