Re: apne and 2.4 kernels

On Thu, Apr 29, 2004 at 01:15:20PM +0300, Tuomas Vainikka wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This pops up every time I try to run a 2.4.x kernel.
> I've tried every version for almost half a year now, but the result is
> the same:
>
> kernel: Looking for PCMCIA ethernet card : ethernet PCMCIA card inserted
> kernel: apne.c:v1.1 7/10/98 Alain Malek (Alain.Malek@cryogen.ch)
> kernel: PCMCIA NE*000 ethercard probe<1>Unable to handle kernel NULL
> pointer dereference at virtual address 0000031f
                                         ^^^^^^^^
this looks like the ISA port address of the card, address translation
went wrong somewhere. One possible problem is that iirc you can't have
apne and another 8390 based cards configured into the same kernel
- not even as modules.

If this was not the case try a kernel from linux-m68k CVS and if it
persists send me preprocessed sources of the apne and 8390 modules.

Richard