Re: X-server

Hi,

> > Op ma 06-10-2003, om 18:19 schreef Thomas Sjoelin:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> After doing a "apt-get update, apt-get dist-upgrade" on both the amiga
> >> and the PC, X fails to start on both machines. Is there some fundamental
> >> change in the configuration I have missed that makes the X-server to
> >> fail?
> >
> > What's the version of X you're running?
> >
> > Are you running stable, testing, or unstable?
>
> Oh sorry, forgot about that :) I am running stable.

I had the exact same thing happen, X broke after doing an

apt-get update; apt-get upgrade

which installed X 4.1.0 on my system.  Looking at /var/log/XF86Config-4
it looks like it put a different file in place (with defaults which do
not work for the Amiga, possibly m68k).  I am comparing the config that
was installed with apt-get upgrade with what was working for me:

http://www.luminet.net/~lancetag/XF86Config-4

My system is an A2000 with EGS video board.

--Lance
--
Lance Tagliapietra | lancetag@luminet.net | Contract Software Engineer
Amiga Enthusiast   |   TeXnically Aware   | Embedded Systems Developer