Re: Mutt not finding messages in mbox format file

On Sun, Aug 10, 2003 at 02:10:19AM +0000, Lance Tagliapietra wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to get Mutt working on my 68K debian machine.
> I have put an mbox format file in /var/mail/username
> which the bsd mail program reads just fine.
>
> When I run Mutt, it reads the file, but it does not find
> any messages in it.  I know it reads the file, it does
> show the size of file on its window, and I've watched
> the disk activity when it was a larger mbox format file
> I was testing.  Also tested a small file, no difference.
>
> Is anyone else using Mutt on the 68K who can help me
> solve this?

Did you try to send yourself some mails instead of trying to recreate the
mbox format?

You could also just open any other mbox from any other debian machine and
read that with:
 mutt -f mbox

Works fine for me on amiga and mac:
Mutt 1.5.3i (2002-12-17)