Re: Macintosh problems not junk please read i need help from another comp user !

On Fri, Apr 25, 2003 at 10:34:58AM -0400, Christian T. Steigies wrote:
> You can access hqx files from Linux, but I don't know if it is possible to
> write to a mac floppy from linux, never tried.

Yes you can, assuming you're running Linux on a box that can access its
floppy drive (so no m68k mac :-). You have two options: either you use
the hfsutils ('hmount /dev/fd0; hls :' and stuff like that), or you
mount fstype hfs -- but in that case, you won't have the special
abilities the hfsutils have, such as decrypting hqx on the fly.

> You can however write to the
> mac harddisk (once it is formatted for the mac?), this saved my life many
> times.

Same goes for floppies -- assuming you have a working driver.