Re: Macintosh problems not junk please read i need help from another comp user !

On Thu, Apr 24, 2003 at 03:19:21PM +0200, Michelle Konzack wrote:

> Am 11:16 2003-04-17 -0400 hat Christian T. Steigies geschrieben:
>
> The QUestion is, how do I get the 17 Files onto the Floppys ?
>
> With 'dd' ???

I never did this, I had a working system on my harddisk, copied all the
floppies onto it, and installed with this onto a fresh harddisk (lots of
trouble formatting a non-mac harddisk and emulator fun deleted). But while I
was looking for info on this, I found a lot of nice webpages, mostly
emulator related, but still very useful for a mac newbie. Like this:

http://mes.emuunlim.com/macemu/basilisk2/basilisk2help/step3_floppy.htm

You can access hqx files from Linux, but I don't know if it is possible to
write to a mac floppy from linux, never tried. You can however write to the
mac harddisk (once it is formatted for the mac?), this saved my life many
times.

Christian