Re: amiga framebuffer (aga) and xfree 4.2.1-3: shadowfb trouble

On Fri, Apr 11, 2003 at 11:16:49AM +1000, Andrew Haslehurst wrote:

> 	Yep thats my A4000, I even got KDE working (snore, you could go and
> make
> 	a cup of coffee waiting for it to load) but it worked, key map was
> all wrong.
> 	I could only get KDE to work on a 600x400-8 screen ???  I have
> "played"
> 	around with XFree86 configs and really done something wrong :(  So X
> 	at the moment is not working.  Ross, can you spare 5mins and have
> 	a look at it on the weekend ?  please :)
>
> 	A4000 warpengine 040 40
> 	64meg ram
> 	cybervision 64/3D

Do you use xserver-xfree86 or xserver-xfree86-dbg?

CV3D should support higher resolutions, it did on my A2k. Not sure about
the colours, the kernel supports 16, maybe 24 bit (check the source), I
think there was an issue with xfree and more than 8bit, but this was with
xfree 3.3.6 and my card died a year ago... anybody got a spare he wants to
donate?

Christian