Testing kernel 2.4 on Atari TT [Was Re: Patch for Kernel 2.2.25 (atari-sound)]

Andreas Schwab schrieb:

> |> Love to. Actually, I've been trying to get one built for a while now.
> |> Everything compiles fine, too. Only, when I try to bootstrap the new kernel,
> |> the machine totally freezes after unpacking the kernel-image. I think, this
> |> may be some weird gcc problem, since 2.2 Kernels show the very same behaviour
> |> when I compile them with gcc 2.95.4 instead of 2.7.2. But, of course, since
> |> kernel 2.4 sources don't compile on gcc 2.7.2 any more, there's the rub, as
> |> they say.
>
> Do you have the possibility to capture the output of the serial port?
> That would give us a chance to tell where the kernel crashes.

I've just started a new clean build with a fresh Source from CVS. If that one
still won't run, I'll solder up a nullmodem cable and hook it up to the PC.
Just to be prepared, what RS232-Parameters does the serial console use
(baurdate, handshake, bits) and (most importantly) which port, since the TT
has 4 (MFP1, SCC-A, SCC-B, MFP2)?

Björn