Re: Quadra 950 installing issues

Matt
I just installed on my Quadra 950... And had wierd install issues with BOTH
kernels (the newest one had trouble with the installer installing modules,
the 2.2 kernel has SCSI issues, and then had trouble installing with dselect
later on)... Here's what I did to get around them:

I first had to start the installation using linux 2.2 (potato) kernel and
downloading base2_2.tgz and modules from servers. You'll have to put
"mac53c9x=1" in kernel (flags/option?) area in penguin booter. Otherwise,
you'll get a nasty SCSI hang whilst loading.

I got through the intial base installation and rebooted, then switched to
the newest kernel revision, and finished the install (dselect/apt-get) that
with it. The newest kernel does not require the "mac53c9x=1" flag.... At
least on my mac.

I've had the same issues with XFree86 as the guy with the quadra 700 was
writing about at the end of last month... Same error on crash and
everything. If you get that far, and it crashes, please do tell. (also, if
it works, please tell me/us what you did)

Hope this helps,
Karl Haase