Re: review wanted of new Debian X FAQ entry

On Mon, Mar 03, 2003 at 10:24:05AM -0800, Brett Carter wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 03, 2003 at 03:10:05AM +0100, Michel D?nzer wrote:
> >
> > Couldn't you simply point people to
> > http://www.debian.org/ports/powerpc/keycodes, or at least make the entry
> > much shorter in favour of that pointer?
> >

> Yup, I must agree with Michel, no need to duplicate information that's
> already published.

The reason I didn't was that I wasn't aware of this resource.

The reason I won't chop it down to nothing is because some people who
can't log into their display manager, or use X because of keyboard
problems may not be connected to the net, or be unable to bring up a
graphical Web browser they can use visit that URL, and be unfamiliar
with or fearful of text-mode browsers like links or w3m.

I will, however, include a reference to it in my FAQ; thanks for
bringing it to my attention!

--
G. Branden Robinson                |     There's nothing an agnostic can't
Debian GNU/Linux                   |     do if he doesn't know whether he