Re: Problems installing Woody from Linux/m68k

On Tue, 2003-02-25 at 19:47, Kars de Jong wrote:
> On Tue, 2003-02-25 at 08:22, Wouter Verhelst wrote:
> >
> > You're welcome. Since you have an installed system, you might be quicker
> > off with a compilation you start yourself; however, my offer still
> > stands; I'm preparing the chroot right now.
>
> Trying it with the stable version right now, it seems to get further
> (it's downloading the base packages now) so I'll wait and see.
> If I can get to chroot stage I'll be okay :-)
>
> Thanks again :-)

To follow up on myself, the installation went (almost) perfect now.

There were some problems with the ownership of the device entries in
/dev. The MKDEV script seems to have used the IDs and GIDs from the
password and group file of my existing Linux system, causing them to be
wrong on the Debian side of things. All my tty and pty devices were
owned by root.adm, which proved problematic when starting an xterm ;-)

Also, XFree86 is quite broken using the Amiga frame buffer. But I
already expected that, since the module loader doesn't work with 68060
chips (big cache). And the afb module seems to be broken too.

I plan on getting that solved after I solved my hwclock lockups.

Kind regards,

Kars.