Re: Quadra 950 Floppy Drive

I applied your patch to the 2.2.22 source on sourceforge.  We're at 2.2.23 on sourceforge now so getting the latest 2.2 source should include your patch to the floppy driver.  I was able to get my IIfx to eject, but I seem to recall it failed on my Q950.

Ray

Well, I guess you don't need to make a nod anyway. I though it would show up as /dev/fdhd0. But apparently it already exists as /dev/fd0. When I enter the floppy I get this message:

SWIM_IOP: unit 0 changed

And (BTW I'm using 2.2.23) it ejects the floppy consistently with <<eject /floppy>>

When I try to mount the floppy I get the following (using mount -t hfs /dev/fd0 /floppy)

end_request: I/O error. dev0-2:00 (floppy), sector 0
hfs_fs: unable to read block 0x00000000 from dev 02:00
hfs_fs: Unable to read superblock

This same message is repeated.And then I see

mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/fd0
       or too many mounted filesystems

When I enter a DOS floppy, I get this difference in the message in the middle line:

FAT bread failed

Well, at least a 68k mac can eject a floppy

Hank