Re: X Problem

on 2/24/03 2:39 PM, Wouter Verhelst wrote:

>Yes, or from any second SCSI-device, for that matter. The SCSI-driver is
>not complete perfect; it shows this behaviour when you try to access
>more than one device on the SCSI-bus.

I had some occasional scsi errors when using both a SCSI HD and a SCSI CD
on a Quadra 700. Got past it by installing only a few packages at a time.

1 SCSI device is a pretty severe restriction! I wonder if the Quadra 630
is a better 68K Mac for Linux, with its IDE hard drive. But then you have
the memory issue (only 1 slot) and finding a compatible ethernet card.