[Fwd: Re: Cross Compiler Problems]

--- Begin Message ---
Ross Vumbaca wrote:
Hi,

Hank wrote:

I know 2.4.14 is not compiling.At least not with my cross-compiler.I'm currently downloading the cvs limux-mac68k source for 2_2. Maybe that will work. Maybe someone has cross-compiled some kernels can tell me where they got their files from and what version they used.

I've cross-compiled 2.2 kernels plenty of times. The Debian m68k-patch plus 2.2 source tree was what I used, but if you use a mac, use the one you're using.

Thanks for the reply. Will keep you posted.

Regards,

Ross..

Thanks:

I got the 2.2.20 working with the patch. But it worked on my mac. Still having problems building a cross compiler.

Have a few questions:

(1) Are there any recommended versions of binutils, gcc, glibc.to use for cross-compiling ,,i-386-linux > m68k-linux.

I used the latest versions from ftp.gnu.org and have been having problems with compiling and installing gcc-3.2.2 after successfully compiling binutils-2.13.90.0.4.

(2) I've seen the prebuilt cross-compiler i-386-linux > m68k-linux on sourceforge.net, but I need some tips on how to set it up.

(3) Is there a decent link to show how to build your own m68k-cross compiler.

Thanks,

Hank

--- End Message ---