Re: X-problem

Hans Bergström wrote:

I finally managed to install my Debian on the Quadra 700, thanks to hints
and info from Chris Tillman and Bryan Kattwinkel. But I can't get X to work.
I suspect faulty configuration but can't figure out where I shall change
anything. I installed packages via Tasksel during installation and
everything looked normal until I startx:ed. Screen went black, returned
eventually with the message: "X not started - no screen found" (or words to
that effect)
Any hints?
Hans B

tel: +46 (0)570-230 12
mobil: +46 (0)70 552 81 14
fax: +46 (0)570-230 15

Could be helpful if you had more output to look at. .e.g. /var/log/XFree86.0.log

Usually, though, the problem is setting up the adbmouse with your xserver.
Rerun the setup and plug in the proper values
   dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xfree86

use /dev/adbmouse for the mouse
The protocol should be set to busmouse

You might have to set these up by hand with an editor. The file to change is found in
/etc/X11/XF86Config

Hank