Re: Installation problem

At 11:13 AM 2/13/2003 -0500, you wrote:
I'm currently struggling with the onboard ethernet (sonic) on the Quadra
700. It seems I really have to hold down a shift key when booting the
Mac; disabling extensions with Extension Manager does not seem to have
the same effect. This is a problem because I want to run the Quadra
without a keyboard attached.

If you're booting into a MacOS with Open Transport installed, try going into TCP/IP and switching the User Level to Advanced, go into the Options button that appears, and uncheck the "Load Only When Needed" or whatever the verbiage is. This fixed a similar issue on my 840AV. Ethernet just didn't work on the Linux side of things unless I loaded up a browser or something under MacOS before booting Linux. Finally did this fix and now it works quite fine.

Scott Holder