Installation problem

I am new to Debian and Mac and have this:
Mac Quadra 20 MB RAM, 525 Mb disk and MacOS on a separat disk.
Partitioning OK, swap 40 Mb, the rest root (using patched Apple Disk
Utility)
Up to boot no problem with Penguin 18 and linux.bin on the mac-disk.
base2_2.tgz is beeing picked up from HFS-volume. Reboot OK from base system.
I have a sixpack 3.0 r1 CD:s and here's my problem: The installer tells me
to load the CD:s to get the packages index, which works. Then the
installation de-rails - I get message "installer script fails error code
100" (or words to that effect). I tried dselect and everything looks normal
apart from the fact that the installer can't unpack and install my system.
Glad for hints and help
Hans B

tel: +46 (0)570-230 12
mobil: +46 (0)70 552 81 14