Re: Cannot install base system on Quadra 700

on 2/1/03 12:38 AM, Bryan Kattwinkel wrote:

>As for booting with extensions off, it doesn't seem to matter with this
>Mac and OS. But I do have to boot with Mac OS Network already set to a
>serial port (not Ethertalk) or the Linux boot will hang very early.

I was wrong about this. If the network and ethernet extensions load,
Linux may boot but hangs on any attempt to use ethernet such as the ping
command. I chose to turn these off using an Extensions Manager rather
than the shift key.

>2. What are the advantages of Woody vs. Potato on a Quadra?

All I've done so far with Potato is install the base system and test
hardware -- I haven't even set up the apt-get stuff because I only have
dialup here. I've considered lugging the Quadra to someplace with a fast
internet connection to complete the install and update, but I'm leaning
toward buying a Woody CD set.