Re: Mustek MFS 12000SP on a Amiga

On Sat, Nov 02, 2002 at 11:22:22PM -0100, amiga-fan@gmx.de wrote:
> My Amiga:
>
> Amiga 4000
> Warpengine 40/40
> 64 Mb RAM
> 2 x IBM DCAS 34330
> 1 Teac CD-R 56S
> Mustek MFS12000SP
> IDE-HD 8 GB
>
> I have installed Debian 2.2rev4 with Kernel 2.2.10 .

Please try a newer kernel. And maybe a newer distribution as well.

> When i`m starting xsane i get the message that no sane devices are
> available. The entrys in the /etc/sane.d/dll.conf and mustek.conf are
> correct. A link /dev/sg3 to /dev/scanner exists. Find-scanner shows
> the scanner as /dev/sg3 and /dev/scanner. The module sg.o is loaded.
> Whats wrong???

Do you have some logfile? Is your user allowed to access /dev/scanner.
/dev/sg? On my box the sg files are accessible for root only. Does it work
when you try it as root (just try, don't work as root..)?

> The same scanner works fine under Amiga-OS and on a PC with Debian
> 2.2.

So leave it on the PC ;-)

Disclaimer: I've never used a scanner in linux, so I may be way off.

Christian
--
http://people.debian.org/~cts/debian-m68k/woody