Re: boot-floppies 3.0.24

Hi

Well.. now I've made a new installation from scratch with the 3.0.24
boot-floppies and all is dandy.

Got X up and running and it works.. but, with some strange effects..
starting X in 8 bits works fine with lousy graphics.. but using -- -depth
15 or 16 makes no difference.. same lousy graphics and looks like 8 bit.
-- -depth 24 works but everything is in a dark yellow tone and doesn't look
good at all..

Don't understand why KDE is started either.. I chose xdm when I installed
(and disabled after installation).. what argument do I need to give to get
only X up and not KDE or Gnome? (I've been away far to long so I don't
remember...)
Well, now that X works I can enable xdm again... but I really don't want
that.

Well, time to start testing other stuff as well with these boot-floppies..

Regards
--
Thomas Sjölin

http://home.infoscandic.se/thomas

A fool-proof method for sculpting an elephant: first, get a huge
block of marble; then you chip away everything that doesn't look
like an elephant.