Re: debian3 amiga - probs

At 21:21 10/5/2002, Christian T. Steigies wrote:
On Fri, Oct 04, 2002 at 12:40:53AM +0100, Aled wrote:
> Hi, just installed debian on my amiga, have a couple of problems with it-
>
> 1. for some reason under linux the date is set as year 1902, the time and
> month/day are correct but the year is 100 years out. no idea how this
> happend cos i thought linux dates only went back to 1970

I think I am seeing something similar. There was a Y2K bug in the date
handling on amiga, not sure if the bug was in AmigaOS, Linux-m68k (kernel),
hwclock, or all three of them. And it seems nobody really fixed it, although
somethings seems to have changed recently. If you have time to spare, you
are welcom to hunt it down.

Battery backup up clock chip can only handle 2 digits. kernel was fixed for A2000, but not for A3000/A4000. Patch is trivial, I can dig in my archives
if anyone want to know details. I can't test on A3000/4000.

Erik