Re: debian3 amiga - probs

On Fri, Oct 04, 2002 at 12:40:53AM +0100, Aled wrote:
> Hi, just installed debian on my amiga, have a couple of problems with it-
>
> 1. for some reason under linux the date is set as year 1902, the time and
> month/day are correct but the year is 100 years out. no idea how this
> happend cos i thought linux dates only went back to 1970

I think I am seeing something similar. There was a Y2K bug in the date
handling on amiga, not sure if the bug was in AmigaOS, Linux-m68k (kernel),
hwclock, or all three of them. And it seems nobody really fixed it, although
somethings seems to have changed recently. If you have time to spare, you
are welcom to hunt it down. I guess most developers sync the clock with ntp
or rdate nowadays or have their box run in linux permanently.

> 2. i have a picasso 4 board, i used the clgen installer, and read the doc
> for the clgen driver but it seems to refer to an older version of debian. i
> have installed X but cant seem to get it to work. i dont seem to have the
> fb0x devices mentioned in the text in /dev. also i cant find any info on
> which driver to choose in the xfree86-server config, and which option
> should i choose for the mouse?

I don't think clgen changed much recently, Debian3.0 still uses a 2.2
kernel, like Debian2.2. There might be changes in the 2.4/2.5 kernels though.
If you don't have the devices, create them with MAKEDEV and if that fixes
the problem, please tell us which devices are needed.
However XFree86 4.x changed a bit, I was never able to get it work on my
Amiga, and once all the module loader bugs were supposedly fixed, my CV3D
died and I have some severe problems with X on the native graphics. In short,
I don't know if X 4.0 is supposed to work on m68k hardware, the config file
has changed a lot, but maybe my old config file for XFree86 3.3.6(?) can
help a bit (mouse was busmouse):
http://people.debian.org/~cts/debian-m68k/slink/XF86Config
If you do get it working (or have a spare CV3D card for me), please tell us
how.

Christian
--
http://people.debian.org/~cts/debian-m68k/woody