Re: a small C program to test xdm's /dev/mem reading on your architecture

On Mon, Aug 26, 2002 at 09:10:54PM +0200, Marcus Brinkmann wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 26, 2002 at 12:50:22PM -0500, Branden Robinson wrote:
> > > I can't believe he actually intends to keep it like this..
> >
> > I'm going to #define DEV_RANDOM /dev/random for Linux systems.
>
> That's bad, because that will drain the entropy a lot,

xdm doesn't read the same amount of data when it's reading from a
(presumably) entropic device node.

It reads eight size_t's.  Surely that is not excessive.

Please read the thread.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |          Measure with micrometer,
Debian GNU/Linux                   |          mark with chalk,