Immediate crash on Amiga

Hi there,

Having had the CDs for Debian 2.2 r2 lurking around for a while, I decided to
install it. My efforts have been thwarted before I even begin.

Whether I boot to Workbench, with KS3.0 or 3.1 (or patched to 3.9), or boot
without startup-sequence, or even direct from the CD, I get the same problem.

I can run Amiboot, which gets as far as uncompressing the Kernal, and then when
it tries to launch the kernal, my system hangs. Sometimes it'll get as far as a
black screen with a small single pixel high white bar at the bottom (just left
of centre), and other times I get an AmigaDOS guru.

My config is as per my signature. Has anyone else experienced this, and gotten
around it?

All the best

Steve
--
     // A1200 '060 50Mhz, 2+64Meg, EZ-Tower,  2 x 3 Gig IDE
    //  Power CD-ROM, IDE CDRW, HPDJ610C, OS 3.9

Author of:- GHelp, Blitzdock, Blitzpass, Placemouse, WBCycle, Amiga Draughts and
ScalosEject.

PGP Public Key:-

http://www.hargreavess.freeserve.co.uk/SteveHargreavesPGP.asc

There is only one way under high Heaven to get anybody to do anything. Did you
ever stop to think of that? Yes, just one way. And that is by making the other
person want to do it. Remember, there is no other way.
-- Dale Carnegie