Re: How can I create a boot-Floppy for the ATARI TT030, when the installation-menu doesn´t do?

Hi,

Thomas Scherk wrote:

I am just installing Woody on my ATARI TT030.

I am at the state that I am asked, wether to make

1. 	HardDisk bootable (that won´t work, it is not
	implemented yet for the ATARI TT) or
2.	Create a bootable Floppy or
3.	Reboot

Selecting "Create a bootable Floppy" doesn´t work. I am asked to put in a
fresh  formated Floppy into my Floppy Drive. I do so, than I get a message
that "the Boot Floppy can´t be written".

How can I try this from console 2? What must I check?

The Floppy Light is flashing on and off the whole time from the time booting
from bootstra.prg. It doesn´t stop flashing.

I think your only choice is to reboot. To enter the installed system again, you then go back to TOS, and you boot in a similar way to the instaler, except you change the bootargs so that there is no initrd and that root is not /dev/ram, and is instead /dev/sdxx (wherever you installed it).

Regards,

Ross..